Senior Digital Designer - 8 Month FTC
London, England, United Kingdom
THE ALLSAINTS TEAM
Here at AllSaints we are proud to be a customer centric global team. Our vision is to make the coolest clothes to evoke emotion for our customers, worldwide.
Everything about our style and creativity is curated in-house, from store design and construction to our brand image, digital presence and clothing design. We are truly an agile business: we work at pace and take responsibility for making a difference.
We are a brand embarking on a very exciting plan and we are seeking new members of the team who want to contribute to this.
As the Senior Digital Designer, you will report into the Lead Digital Designer and be responsible for all design pertaining to AllSaints’ online presence, which spans 9 international websites. You will be mentoring Junior and Digital Designers, and work closely with content, creative and development teams, all of which sit in-house, with tangible experience of designing for web on a responsive website, across multiple channels and touchpoints. You will be comfortable working in an extraordinarily fast-paced environment, and keep a cool head under pressure. It goes without saying that you will be a talented individual with excellent organisational skills, passionate about what you do and joining a forward thinking digital team.
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED FOR THE ROLE?
- Responsible for championing a mobile first approach to everything the creative team do
- Practical, commercial experience in user centered design for UI
- You champion UX, experience in creating lo-fi wireframes and user journeys - to hi-fi mockups.
- Strong background in e-commerce and website architecture
- Portfolio must demonstrate exposure to retail/fashion industry
- Strong understanding and awareness of Accessibility
- Solid knowledge and understanding of mobile, iOS, Android and responsive web platforms
- Experience of email design best practice, and design for social campaigns
- You are passionate about delivering creative solutions that deliver for both the user and the business
- You strive to ensure creative high standards are maintained and pushed
- A natural creative who listens to team members, question to deliver clearly articulated design rationale
- Strong leadership skills to inspire and mentor the team and instil proactivity
- Comfortable mentoring more junior members of the team
- Encourage sharing ideas and inspiration via regular show and tell meetings
- Meticulous attention to detail and well organised
- A good understanding of trends in photography, fashion, music
- Ideally previous UX projects including checkout
- Motion graphics and animation
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Using brand assets to design and create all visual elements for all of AllSaints digital channels including site, app, emails, social media, affiliates and display
- Design and development of responsive HTML web pages from homepage through to checkout
- Creating engaging layouts for content across the website, external communications and creative projects, working closely with the Lead Digital Designer and Global Head of Art Direction to maintain brand coherence
- Evolving website UI kit, and ownership of the re-branding of global sites
- Development of site content and graphics by coordinating with copywriting team, creative studios and developers
- Working with the lead designer and the UX designer on projects to improve the user experience across the site
- Suggest creative solutions to website challenges, including but not limited to driving engagement with content, conversion and brand experience
- Input into site navigation and strategic plans for future growth
- Liaise with developers to create a pipeline for website modifications and improvements, working with and inputting into the business roadmap
- Contribute to digital design resource and process, including prioritisation, expectation management and communication of deadlines and ETAs across departments
- Ownership of design for assigned digital projects for all global sites, working to the Digital Content and Development Roadmaps
- Manage the Junior Digital Design resource and coordination of all content assets and design resource, ensuring all tasks are logged and managed efficiently
- Develop and test new and existing website strategies, and identify any technical problems
- Review competitors and keep up-to-date with the latest web design trends to constantly improve the look and feel of the website
- Lead and own all assigned projects, making sure they are delivered both on spec and of the highest quality
- Deliver results under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
ABOUT THE STORE AND TEAM
You’ll be working in our East London Studios based in London’ vibrant Shoreditch with perks and benefits offered from local businesses including discounts on food, shopping and health & beauty. Studio Location. Approximately a 10 minute walk from Liverpool Street Station and a 5 minute walk from Shoreditch High Street.
WHAT WE STAND FOR
Customer Centric We work as one proud team to get the best for our customers
One Team We are joined up and encourage others to share their ideas
Work at Pace We know our goals, and we work with clear outcomes in mind
Be Responsible We are self aware, understand the impact we have on others and are positive about the future
Your career matters to us and we will do what it takes to help you on your journey in life. You’ll be challenging yourself and your leadership. The opportunities will be there and you’ll be working within an environment that rewards hard work and innovation. Internal promotion is the norm not the exception and you’ll be supported in your ambition to reach the next step of your career.
You’ll be working in our East London Studios based in London’ vibrant Shoreditch with perks and benefits offered from local businesses including discounts on food, shopping and health & beauty. In addition to this we offer a competitive pay and benefits package that includes an amazing employee uniform allowance and discount.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we very much look forward to working with you.